Thursday, October 4, 2007

Last but not least...

Our remaining 3 mojo girls...I cant say enough about these very talented 3!

First off one lovely mojo girl...


Melissa Mann

1. What is your “Day” job? I am a stay-at-home-wife to Troy and a mama to three furry babies: Samantha, Lucy, & Daisy!

2. Do you have a spouse…children..pets? Yes I do!! I’ve been married to my wonderful husband for almost 4 years! We were married on Valentine’s Day in 2004 - one of the best days of my life! We have no children at this time, but we do have three VERY spoiled pets that might as well be children!!!

3. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? If so, what is the link. Blog

4. How long have you been scrap booking? I have been scrap booking for just under a year. I actually started “collecting” stuff about 2 years ago….but, hoarded it for quite a while before I actually gave in and started using it!!! Now, I’m completely and totally addicted! Some of my favorite products at the moment are: ledger paper, felt, & rubons!

5. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts? I find inspiration from MANY different sources!! Surprisingly, magazine ads really inspire me in many ways: design, layout, & color. Other sources of inspiration include: sketches, other people’s layouts, and music!

6. What is your “must-have” item on a layout (other than the necessities)? Right now, I would have to say that would be PAINT!! I LOVE paint! And I have been using it on all of my layouts lately.

7. What would you say your scrapping style is? I guess I would describe my style as kind of freestyle-ish with a bit of funk and grunge thrown in! What is your favorite technique? One of my favorite techniques that I turn to over and over again is distressing. There are so many ways to distress and I usually implement at least ONE of the ways on my layouts. I love using sand paper on the edges of my photos; I LOVE inking *staz-on ink pads ROCK!*; and of course, paint on the edges of my layouts and/or pictures!

8. Can you describe your scrapping process? Usually I start with whatever my theme for the layouts is going to be and usually work from my title. I figure out what my title is going to be and then decide on which picture goes best with it and then my papers and embellishments!

9. Where can we see more of your work at (online galleries, etc.)
Scrapinstyletv
Bad Girl Kits
Scrapbook.com




--------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up a very sweet mojo girl...




Micayla Metcalf

1. What is your “Day” job? I work as a sales assistant for a window, door and conservatory company. Not the greatest job but it gives me time to read scrapping mags and books, which is not half bad!

2. Do you have a spouse…children..pets? I live with my Fiance Steve aka Mini Pops and we have 2 cats Love puff and Molly Moo's,a dog called Scooby and amillion and one fish in a tank that is as wide as I am tall! No children yet, but they hopefully will feature in our lives one day.

3. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? If so, what is the link. Blog

4. How long have you been scrap booking? I have been scrapping for about 2 years now.

5. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts? I find inspo' everywhere, mags, books, blogs, forums, shops you name it I normally find some kind of inspiration even if it is just a colour combo.

6. What is your “must-have” item on a layout (other than the necessities)? I don't really have a must have item but I love to use the barcode strips at the bottom of patterned paper a lot!!

7. What would you say your scrapping style is? What is your favorite technique? My style...........I don't think I have one. I tend to just go with the flow and create a layout based on the photo or how I am feeling. I do vintage with a twist, soft layouts, funky ones etc but I cannot seem to make white space work for me. I have to embellish like mad!!!!

8. Can you describe your scrapping process? In a nutshell nope! I have to have music, a drink and the right frame of mind and then I just play with photos, paper and embellies till something clicks.

9. Where can we see more of your work at (online galleries, etc.) I post all my layouts on my blog and I have a slide show on there which I try to update on a regular basis, or I upload onto SISTV, twopeas or UKscrappers under the name of cayliehotpants. Don't ask where the user name come from, I have never worn hotpants in my life!



--------------------------------------------------------------

And one of the most talented ladies around...



Michelle Clement

1.What is your "Day" job? I'm working in the animation industry right now, having just graduated from film school in February 2007. I started out animating on a cartoon called "George of the Jungle" and then moved on to doing AfterEffects. It's pretty cool because you're constantly moving around onto new productions..keeps it interesting!

2. Do you have a spouse, children..pets? I am dying for a pet! You have no idea!...but til then, I'm living with my boyfriend.

3. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? If so, what is
the link. I post here almost everyday so my family, friends, and blog-buddies can keep tabs on me: blog

4. How long have you been scrap booking? I took a beginner's class when I was 12, which was 10 years ago....it's only been hardcore for about 4 years, though.

5. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts? Hmm...Usually the world around me is super-inspiring...but magazine ads, art galleries, etc. are also really great! I get a lot of page ideas listening to a favorite song, laughing at a new picture, or when I have some hot new product in my hands! It's unexplainable though, sometimes pages just happen because I need to get something off of my chest.

6. What is your "must-have" item on a layout (other than the necessities)? My must-haves are Stazon, Embroidery thread, my Hero Arts letter stamps, and, lately, I've realized I can't scrap without acrylic paint! But I'd say my must-have new product is anything with a skull!!

7. What would you say your scrapping style is? What is your favorite technique? I've been told my style is very 'layered', but I'm not sure. It sometimes has a vintage vibe, sometimes it can be kind of clean, it always looks a little distressed/shabby-chic. I stopped trying to figure it out...lol...My favorite technique(s) are inking edges, painting edges, and I am obsessed with dying chipboard pieces in walnut ink!

8. Can you describe your scrapping process? Most often, this is how it goes: I start with an idea, story, challenge or picture (or sometimes, the product, depending on what it's for)...dig through my stash and find the things I might use. Start to play around with matching the things; see what looks good together. Start cutting things out, make a base, play with the layers. Glue the main pieces down. Stitch some edges. Decide I don't like what I glued down and move it. Add some embellies and a title, if there's room. Stitch some more. Glue more things down on top. Paint and ink the edge of the page. Oh, yeah! the journalling! Add the journalling (sometimes I completely forget to leave space for it..woops!) And Voila! It's really haphazard and always changing until I think things are just right.

9. Where can we see more of your work at (online galleries, etc.) My screen name is "saturngrrl", and I have a gallery at ScrapinStyletv and also TwoPeas under that name. I post my work regularly in these galleries and on my personal blog, as well.



----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you girls for being a part of this wonderful team! Stayed tuned later today I will draw a winner and post who that lucky girl is! So come back! You still have time to get that blinkie on your blog if you haven't done it yet!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

congrats to the new DT!! i can't wait to see more LOs.

xoxo

Michelle said...

Oh so pretty! I'm so happy to learn some new things about your girls!

Rachie Pachie said...

Posted it on my blog! Very excited to see what everyone comes up with & lots more inspiration!

PS- My blinkie doesn't... blink :( It's stationary! It's still there, though! :)

Thanks,
Rachel

Michelle said...

aaw..thanks Marie =) Cool to read about you, girls!

Holly said...

So fun to read about the rest of the girls. I loved Micayla's pic...too funny! Can't wait to see the challenge tomorrow!

**melissa lee** said...

Congrats girlies!!! Gonna enjoy working with y'all!

Trish said...

Congrats Melissa, Micayla and Michelle!

micayla said...

Congrats girlies, I cannot wait to get this thing started and to work with you all!