1.Name: Rachel Denbow
2. What is your Day job? SAHM, Kit Club Designer, Tutor, Artist
3. Do you have a spouse,children..pets? Married 5 1/2 years to Brett. Our son, Sebastian is 1.5
4. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? If so, what is the link. Yes, Here ( http://blingonmysewingmachine.blogspot.com), Here (http://redvelvetgirls.typepad.com> and Here( http://redvelvetgirls.typepad.com/rvkc).
5. How long have you been scrap booking? About two years.
6. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts? The papers I'm using inspire the mood and style of the LO as well as the pics I've chosen. Mostly I work around color combos. I love checking out what others are doing on SisTV for new ideas.
7. What is your ¡°must-have¡± item on a layout (other than the necessities)? I usually have to have things stapled to the page somewhere. I love the industrial look it adds.
8. What would you say your scrapping style is? What is your favorite technique? I'd say my style is bright and geometric. I love to test out shapes and compositions with each element to keep the eye moving. I try to include non-scrappy products in every LO to make them unique.
9. Can you describe your scrapping process? I like to start with a picture and then gather papers and elements that reflect the mood I'm in. I sit with them for a little while to see how they might all come together and start cutting things out. Once I've got it all where I want it, I start with the bottom layers and attach them to the back page with stitching or photo squares. I sometimes over do LO's so I have to let it sit for a little bit before I decide that I'm finished.
10. Where can we see more of your work (online galleries, etc.) Check out my portfolio HERE ( http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/profile.php). I also post on my Flickr site ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/denbow/). Thanks for looking!
Make sure you leave some love for her and come back tmw for the challenge and see what Rachel cooked up!