Monday, March 3, 2008

Guest Mojo Girl

I'm so excited! I got to meet this lovely girl in person and she is super fantabulous! I know you will think so too!




1.Name Nikki Peterson

2. What is your ¡°Day¡± job? Starbucks store manager

3. Do you have a spouse¡¦children..pets? yup, married for 5 years to Ron, whom I met at Starbucks 10 years ago. We also have a parrot, a python, a gecko and two dogs. Lola is 1 year old beagle and Toby is a 3 year old min pin/ rat terrier mix. you can see the doggies in a lot of my pages.

4. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? If so, what is the link. define regularly... just kidding, http://nikkigreenpeterson.blogspot.com

5. How long have you been scrap booking? 9 years off and on (i was pretty poor during college so i didn't do it much then)

6. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts? Everywhere, there are tons of awesome scrappers out there so they inspire me alot, but I also pull a lot of ideas from home decor and fashion magazines and lately I have been inspired by everything at Starbucks, the posters, Starbucks cards etc...

7. What is your must-have item on a layout (other than the necessities)? hmmm, other than patterned paper I would have to say paint, although incidentally I didn't use it on the mojo layout... oops!

8. What would you say your scrapping style is? my style is funky, bright and messy, sometimes with a touch of class. What is your favorite technique? I have tons of fun techniques using paint.

9. Can you describe your scrapping process? Once I have a picture I look for some patterned paper that coordinates or creates the mood for the pic, then i just start gluing and messing around and then add embellishments once I have the design complete. Most the time I change my mind as I go and rip things off and re-glue elsewhere. I know I should wait to glue until I am sure, but it just doesn't work that way for me. (I also don't journal in pencil first....ooooohhh...don't tell!)

10. Where can we see more of your work (online galleries, etc.) On my blog and over at Scrap in Style TV http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/profile_4111.html
xoxoxo

3 comments:

Bekka said...

Great choice -- Nikki's work is awesome!!!

*fauve* said...

She is so much fun,can't wait to see! to her layout!

Michelle said...

yay! So happy you're joining us for this one, Nikki! Love your work and it's cool to learn more about you! =)