Saturday, March 1, 2008

New!

Let me start out by saying thank you to everyone who showed an interest in being on our team! You all had mad skills and I would've loved to pick you all! I narrowed it down to 4 girls and I am introducing 2 of them today. But first I want to draw your attention to our NEW banner...Do you luv it? I know I do. Our mojo girl Michelle made it for us! So wicked awesome! Thank you Michelle!!

Now on to our new Mojo girls!



1. Name:Anissa (pronounced: a-KNEE-sa)

2. What is your Day job?By trade I am a cosmetologist/esthetician.. but I've just enrolled myself into a few advanced photography courses, so back to school I go! (In hopes of beginning my own photography business within the next year or so)

3. Do you have a spouse/children..pets?I am married but currently separated. I have a 14 year old daughter and 2 dogs (a pitbull & cairn terrior)

4. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? If so, what is the link.http://scrap-hazard.blogspot.com/

5. How long have you been scrap booking?About a year and a half. I started in August 'o6.

6. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts?Online Galleries like SisTV. Magazines, Commercials, Fashion.

7. What is your must-have item on a layout (other than the necessities)?I can not live without: COLOR, Paint, Duct Tape & Doodling!!

8. What would you say your scrapping style is? What is your favorite technique?If random, colorful and eclectic is a style, then its allllll mine baby!I don't really have a favorite 'technique', I throw a bunch of stuff together and glue it down once Im satisfied.

9. Can you describe your scrapping process?It usually begins with white cardstock as my base, a cool photo or quote and ends in chaotic beauty! 10. Where can we see more of your work (online galleries, etc.)My most updated Gallery can be seen on SisTV: http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/profile_1190.html(although, it only has some of my newest work posted) or on my webblog.




1. Name: Michelle Jacquemet

2. What is your “Day” job? I have three part time jobs while I look for a full time job. I work as a salesperson at a year round Christmas, a photo retoucher for a publishing company, and as a receptionist on Sunday’s at a real estate agency. I also do freelance portrait photography.

3. Do you have a spouse…children…pets?My boyfriend Dan and I have been dating for three years. No pets right now.

4. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on?I love to blog. I average 3-4 times per week. Its called Mission Creativity.

5. How long have you been scrap booking?I have been scrapping for nearly two years. My friend got me into it because she had foot surgery over summer break. We would scrap for about 12 hours once a week. I found the online world of scrapping and have become completely addicted.

6. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts?Photographs are my #1 inspiration. If I have a good photo then I’m inspired. I find my inspiration in the most unlikely places. I love going to Mel’s Diner in San Francisco because of the amazing atmosphere. They have these adorable scalloped placemats that just get my creative juices flowing.

7. What is your “must-have” item on a layout (other than the necessities)?Hambly overlays or rub ons 100%. I love their vibrant colors and the happiness their products bring to me. They remind me of being young and carefree. Glaze pens and Stickles are all over my layouts too.

8. What would you say your scrapping style is? What is your favorite technique?My style is very colorful and playful. I love to experiment and just see where things go. My favorite technique is to sew with embroidery floss and doodle on the page. I’m into making my own embellishments too.

9. Can you describe your scrapping process?I start by choosing photos and look through a few blogs or go to a gallery and browse. I try to have a movie with really neat art direction on in the background for additional inspiration while I scrap. Then I comb through my stash and find every possible thing that might look cool for the layout and start placing stuff on the paper. I do this for a very long time since I often find there is more than one way I like it. I don’t start gluing stuff until it just feels right. Once I have the placement of all of the papers and photos the way I want it then I add the title and embellishments. Then I add some paint, glitter, doodling, and inking and then I’m done.

10. Where can we see more of your work at (online galleries, etc).You can find my galleries at SisTV, EBB Creations, and Flickr.


They are wicked fab girls! Show them some luv. We have 2 more to announce, the winner a clue and a brand new challenge! You don't wanna miss it so keep on coming back!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Welcome girls!! =) yay!!

MandyKay said...

BIG congrats to the new mojo girls!!! I cannot wait for the next challenge!

Jessica said...

woo hoo!!! welcome to the team!

Mollie said...

Congrats ladies!!! I loved looking at both girl's work! Both very talented!!!

**melissa lee** said...

CONGRATS, ladies!!!! So glad to have you on board!!!!

nikki peterson said...

yeah! congrats girls! way to go michelle!

sarah said...

Hooray for getting MJ on board as a Mojo girl!!!!!! I can't wait to see what she & the other new Mojo girls bring to the challenges! Maybe now I'll stop lurking and actually post a LO once in a while!

Tautchia said...

Congrats, Michelle! You rock it!

Michelle said...

Thanks Girls! I'm super excited!