Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wonderful!

This post is simply wonderful. We hope you all had a nice little break. We missed you! Just know we had something wonderful planned for you and that wonderful is our lovely guest Mojo Girl! I think you all will think so too.





Yep that's right...The one...The only...Elsie Flannigan! We are so honored to have her as a Mojo girl. She truly is fabulous and just in case you didn't know everything about her, here is her interview!

2. What is your Day job?
Designing is the Love, Elsie line is my full time job. I love working from home. I like to work odd hours so it is great!

3. Do you have a spouse children..pets?
Haha... I don't have any of those. Just lots of friends and a wonderful family! :)

4. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? If so, what is the link.
Yes. I keep a daily blog... www.abeautifulmess.typepad.com

5. How long have you been scrapbooking?
I've been scrapbooking for about 4 years. I've been doing it as my job now for 3 of those years. It's such a huge part of my life now that it's hard to imagine life without it!

6. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts?
I get inspired by art, music, film and fashion. Lately, it's primarily music (song lyrics) that makes me want to start a new layout.

7. What is your must-have item on a layout (other than the necessities)?
Well, I like to use buttons and hand stitching. I like quirky found objects and I loooove using my typewriter!

8. What would you say your scrapping style is? What is your favorite technique?
My style has changed over the years, but I would say that it is eclectic and very handmade looking. I like it a little bit messy and rough around the edges.
My favorite technique is probably stitching or painting.

9. Can you describe your scrapping process?
Hm... I usually adhere my photos first and work around them. I add lots of texture until it feels done to me. I add journaling last, usually on strips of paper.

10. Where can we see more of your work (online galleries, etc.)
www.flickr.com/elsiecake
www.abeautifulmess.typepad.com
www.elsiecake.etsy.com

thank you so much! xo. elsie

Come back tmw for the sneak peeks and then on the 5th for the Elsie inspired challenge! Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!

7 comments:

Rosavert said...

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! I'm so very excited. I check Elsie's blog daily for inspiration (sometimes more than once...it's a guilty pleasure). I'm overjoyed to find that we're getting some Mojo from her as well!

Marjolein said...

Wow, this is really awesome, Elsie as GD!! I can't wait to see the new challenge, and unfortunately I have to wait till Sunday night.. darn.. why do we have plans for the weekend?????:-(((((

nscropper said...

How cool is this. :) I am always reading your blog ... its a beautiful mess....:)
can't wait for the challenge.

PetiteCheri said...

Yay for Scrapmojo! I can't wait to see the challenge! Elsie is so inspiring and supah cute!
~Tricia~

Charin said...

Yay! :) I love Elsie :)
Can't wait to see the challenge!

Michelle said...

Thanks Elsie for Guest Designing for us. We're so excited to have you. :D

Beth Perry said...

OH! that was sooo much fun! I got my page on my blog, flickr (miya6) and sis (bethperry2008). Thanks again for all the great inspo!