1. Name...Heather Fuentes.
2. What is your Day job? I'm currently a stay at home mom. i used to work in the real estate industry but when i got up every single day dreading my job, i realized it was time to make a change. i hate to use the term "free spirit" because it sounds so hokey, but i guess that's what i am. i'd also love to think of myself as an artist, but i'm not quite sure i'm there yet.
3. Do you have a spouse children..pets? i have been married to my best friend for nearly a dozen years. we met as teenagers and have been together ever since. i've got a little girl who turns eight in october and just started the second grade. she's recently started telling me that she approves or disapproves of an outfit i've picked out for her based on it's "teenager-ness". yeah. we have one dog and one cat, both of whom like to play fetch, look cute when they are in trouble and generally drive me batty.
4. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? If so, what is the link. i don't know if i'd say regularly, but you can find me at metrochic.blogspot.com.
5. How long have you been scrapbooking? i have always loved art and fooled around with different mediums since i was a teenager. i had no idea scrapbooking in its current form even existed (god bless google). i stumbled across it about a year and a half ago and haven't looked back since. it's the perfect marriage of my love of all things paper and my need to create.
6. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts? everywhere. anthropologie catalogs, flickr, SIStv gallery, home decor magazines, my friends, old movies...inspiration is everywhere. i truly believe art is everywhere.
7. What is your ¡°must-have¡± item on a layout (other than the necessities)? i don't know that i really have any specific must-haves. maybe thickers? i tend to use those a lot. i love bright colors and sparkly anything...i'm like a bird. heh.
8. What would you say your scrapping style is? What is your favorite technique? i think my scrapping style is kind of all over the place. eclectic? i'm not sure. it's certainly always changing and developing. i love distressed edges and right now, i'm really obsessed with my sewing machine.
9. Can you describe your scrapping process? i usually start with a particular product i want to use, not a photo i want to scrap. i mix and match products, grab a few photos (or none) and then say whatever it is that's on my mind that day. lately, i've really been drawn to scrapping that involves few or no photos. i want to tell more of a story about who i am at this point in my life. i still take plenty of photos of and keep journaling of my family life, but am feeling the need for self expression right now.
10. Where can we see more of your work (online galleries, etc.) you can find me at SIStv, flickr or my blog.
Isn't she delightful!
Come back in a few for the new challenge!