Sunday, October 5, 2008

Guest and Winner!

Our guest for this time around is the ultra fabulous Amy Tan! She not only makes wonderfully wicked shirts but her scrappin is equally wicked! Here are some facts about Amy.



1. Name Amy Tan(gerine)

2. What is your day job? My name is Amy Tan but my company name is Amy Tangerine. The main aspect of my company for the past 6 years has been a line of crafty women's tee shirts sold in high-end boutiques and departments stores. We've sold to Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus and Barney's NY Japan. Currently our main focus is the boutique business in resort areas and we also have a line of childrens' tees that are sold at celebrity favorite, Kitson Kids. I'm a fashionista at www.Scrapinstyletv.com and a contributing design team member for American Crafts, and love the balance of work and play.

3. Do you have a spouse/children/pets? I have 2 Jack Russell Terriers that are my kids for now. Buster is 3 1/2 and Bamboo is 2 1/2. Buster basically showed up at our doorstep and was on his way to the shelter when we took him in with open arms. Bamboo was given to us as a gift a year later when she was just 7 weeks old. Calm and cool as a cucumber, Buster is a wonderfully talented little rascal, while Bamboo is a typically hyper JRT.

4. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? www.amytangerine.blogspot.com

5. How long have you been scrapbooking? A year and half

6. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts? My inspiration comes from my mood, the photos and the products I have on hand. For as long as I can remember, I loved arts & crafts and have been addicted to cutting stuff out of magazines for ages. I love getting new magazines in the mail and cutting them up, as well as new products either in the mail or from fun scrapbooking stores.

7. What is your must-have item on a layout (other than the necessities)? I'm into unexpected little details, whether it be some random stitch or sticker, it's fun to look at a page and see something a bit quirky.

8. What would you say your scrapping style is? What is your favorite technique? My style is usually colorful, a bit random with a twist. My favorite technique changes frequently, but I like clustering goodies together and adding just a little bit of embroidery to my pages.

9. Can you describe your scrapping process? A delightful mess in the making. I get inspired by a photo (or photos) and by papers and products. Then I just start layering and then use rub ons and stickers and fun embellishments.

10. Where can we see more of your work (online galleries, etc.) http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/profile_4301.html

Now for the winner!This layout was just beautiful! We loved all the bits and colors!



Maisa send your address on over to scrapmojo@sbcglobal.net!

Now for our favs...



Thank you everyone for playing along with us EVERYONE did a wonderful job! Come back tmw for our next challenge!

3 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Congratulations Maisa - your layout is beautiful! I love the colors and all the details!

Thanks for making mine a fave! Can't wait to see what the next challenge is!

The Tucker's and Wolek's said...

Congrats Maisa!!! And YAY Amy as the GDT!!! Very cool! :):):):):)

Julie :):):)

*Ma* said...

I'm SO happy!!!
Thank you so much girls.

hugs
Maisa