1. name: Dani Johnston
2. What is your Day job? I am currently a full time student but I also photograph weddings part time.
3. Do you have a spouse children..pets? I'm married to my best friend Neil - I've known him since I was 11 years old. We don't have any kids yet, but we have three furbabies that drive us crazy enough!
4. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? If so, what is the link:yep, love blogging. http://danijohnston.typepad.com/dj
5. How long have you been scrapbooking? I guess about a year and half, but before that I did a lot of art journaling and when I was younger I kept a giant scrapbook - lots of cut out photos and shiny stickers! :)
6. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts? Sometimes I hear a song or a quote from a movie and I just have to scrap it. Maybe a photo that I love or scrapping an event is important. Or, I'll get inspired from magazine ads, a new technique or product. It really just depends on the layout, lol! The internet is my favorite place to inspired, I love all the communities out there and how everyone brings great ideas and inspiration to the table.
7. What is your must-have item on a layout (other than the necessities)?I really love using my stapler - something is pretty much always stapled on my pages. Colored staples are the very best. Lately I've been trying to play more with paint and try some new things with it. I also really love using color. Color inspires me so much.
8. What would you say your scrapping style is? What is your favorite technique? Hmmmm.... I guess my style is just... haphazard? I tend to just do what I want and at the end if I don't like it, I'm not afraid to dump it and start over! I try to have some sort of idea in my mind, but if I get too attached to that then I know I'll be bummed if it's not "just right" so I try not to plan too much. My favorite technique? Probably... hmmm... is paint flicking a technique? It's one of my favorite ways to get paint on a page! I also keep every tiny piece of paper I have left over and store them all in a box - I love using tiny paper bits here and there.
9. Can you describe your scrapping process? If I'm starting with a song lyric, quote or I know my journaling already then I'll search for a photo that goes along with it. I may be wanting to scrap about a photo itself, either way I'm going to print out the photo. Then I grab some supplies, they're normally piled up all around me so I just sorta grab things and put them together and mess with colors and things until I have some idea of what I'm going to do. Then I start by building up my background, either layering paper, painting, distressing, etc. I'll figure out where I want my photo - and I may build some other stuff up around it. I don't usually glue anything down until I've built a layout I like. When I like it, I'll glue it all down then maybe add a title or not. Usually when I feel close to finished I'll add my journaling which can sometimes get me in trouble - I really should try to figure out where I'm going to fit it in before adhering anything! Actually, this may or may not be very accurate of how I scrapbook, it really is quite a mess, I'm having a hard time describing it! Somehow at the end of it I end up with something I love! :D
10. Where can we see more of your work (online galleries, etc.): My SIS gallery: http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/profile_1709.htmlMy Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/danijohnston/
Leave some luv for her she is wicked great!