Monday, November 17, 2008

Guest Mojo Girl

Our guest Mojo girl is someone I hold dear to my heart. She is one super lady and a very talented scrap godess. She constantly is inspiring me and I am so glad she is going to be apart of this challenge.




1. Name: Theresa Koback

2. What is your Day job?
I am an office manager of a small propane company.
I have been working here for almost 13 years.

3. Do you have a spouse children..pets?
I am married {since 2001}to my brother's best friend, and the funny thing about it is
that my brother is dating my best friend....ha!
I have two spoiled little girls, Reese {4} a princess and Cameron {2} a tomboy.
My third child is a boxer baby named Topanga and in case you were wondering,
she is just as spoiled as the other two.

4. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? If so, what is the link.
My blog is http://theresasorganizedmess.blogspot.com/.

5. How long have you been scrapbooking?
I have been scrapbooking off and on since 1998, more so in the past 3 years though.
My first albums are in hiding ;) ...they are full of Mrs. Grossman stickers. ha!

6. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts?
A lot of my inspiration comes from the world around me and at the weirdest times.
I could be taking a shower or laying in bed and a lightbulb
goes off!! ha! I also love to read blogs and search online galleries.

7. What is your ¡°must-have¡± item on a layout (other than the> necessities)? right at the moment it is something vintage like lace,
or a retro image, music sheets, fabric, ect.

8. What would you say your scrapping style is? What is your favorite> technique?My style? well...embellished? is that style? I love bright colors, embellishments, layers and tons of dimension.
I have just recently came across gesso, my new favorite thing to use. .> 9. Can you describe your scrapping process?

I usually grab a few photos and lay them on a few different papers,
to see which one makes them stand out the most. Then I grab more paper because
I still do not think that any of those papers look quite right.
I usually go through at least 20 pieces before I find the right one.

After I find the right background, I start layering a few embellishments or patterned paper
and work my way out from the photo. I like to crinkle paper alot!

I really never glue anything down until I think the layout is finished. I
staple most of the things down that I can . Mostly because in the scrapping process,
the darn glue dots get lost somewhere along with the 5 pair of scissors
that I start out with!
I am very messy! LOL!~

10. Where can we see more of your work (online galleries, etc.)
You can find me at my Red Velvet Kit Club set on flickr,Scrap in style and Scrapbook.com

Come back on the tmw for the winner of the last challenge and make sure to check in on the 20th to see what our new challenge will be!

9 comments:

Beth Perry said...

Oh, I totally agree with you! I think Theresa is wonderful!! Yay!
:P

Isabelle said...

Congrats Theresa! You're the best!

Allie said...

YAY Theresa!!!!!! I can't wait to see this challenge.

MM CUSTOM CREATIONS a.k.a. Michele said...

You do fabulous work, Theresa!! Major congrats on being the guest mojo girl! :)

Christine said...

i heart theresak. =)

Simona said...

Congrats to the super talented Theresa for being the guest mojo girl!!! Love her amazing works!

TracyP said...

YAY!!! You Rock girl!!! I cannot wait too see what the next Challenge will be, and hopefully I will have time for it:)

Michelle said...

perfectly said a scrap GODESS!!Congrats Theresa!

Michelle said...

I love Theresa's work. Welcome!