Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Say Hello

To our guest Mojo Girl. She is super talented. You will love her work as much as we do.



1.Name? Emili Ahern

2. What is your Day job? I consider myself a freelance artist. I get published in scrap magazines multiple times each month and get magazine assignments as well. I participate in a number of scrapping design teams and websites. When you add that all up, it is a part time job.

3. Do you have a spouse children..pets? I have a wonderful husband named Matt. He is the most wonderful person I have ever met. We have been married for almost 6 years. I have two red-headed girls. Ella is almost 4 and Evangeline is almost 2.

4. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? I post on my personal blog every single day. I have had it for more than 4 years now and it has become a habit. If I miss a day of posting I feel incomplete. I get a lot of free products from manufacturers so I often have freebies and give-aways. My blog link is http://aherncentral.blogspot.com I also run and manage a blog which encourages members of ALL faiths to scrapbook their beliefs called ScrapFaith (http://scrapfaith.blogspot.com) as well as run a website dedicated to freezer meals. www.freezehappy.com


5. How long have you been scrapbooking? Since 1997. As a 19 year old, I was about to visit Europe for the first time. Before leaving I made a travel journal with places for daily journaling, photos and snippets from my journey. I had it bound before I left. Each night I updated it and added my photos when I returned home. It is still one of my favorite albums to look through. I began digi scrapping in 2007 and I love doing both traditional and digital for different reasons.


6. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts? In everything. Music, magazines, other scrapbookers, idea books, advertisements and color combos. I think that I have been scrapping for so long that almost everything I see could inspire me or be the beginning of an upcoming project.

7. What is your "must-have" item on a layout (other than the necessities)? Circular embellishments, staples and journaling.

8. What would you say your scrapping style is? What is your favorite technique? I tend to create with a lot of clean and straight lines, but when I am done, I always try and add a touch of the unexpected. A chipboard flourish, a circular embellishment or something else to soften the lines.

9. Can you describe your scrapping process? I usually start with a photo that inspires me. It can be from 1 day ago or 30 years ago...as long as I feel passionate about it at that moment. I believe that passion always translates onto the page. That's why I never scrapbook chronologically or worry about "catching up". I look at that photo and consider what feelings it beings to the surface. Then I journal about those feelings and tell the story. Then I choose papers, elements and colors that support that story. I usually plan it all out first, rearranging until it's just right and then carefully lifting elements and gluing them down. Once in a while, but not too often, I break all of my original rules and throw things together that don't make sense and don't require planning. I am becoming more free with my style lately and stepping outside of my box.


10. Where can we see more of your work (online galleries, etc.) There are links to my main gallery and scrap resume on my blog. I call scrapbook.com my gallery home. View my gallery here: http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleries&u=88046

♥♥♥

No comments: