Sunday, April 19, 2009

Guest Mojo Girl


1.Name? allyson serrato but you can call me ally :-D

2. What is your Day job? mama ~ wifey ~ rock star {in that order}

3. Do you have a spouse children..pets? yes ~ hubby of almost six years {whoa} two rockin children,,, daniel {almost 4} and sofia {almost 3} three dogs {trey ~ chewie and violet} and a hamster which my children cleverly named *mousie~mousie*


4. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? i do,,,, http://allyserrato.blogspot.com/


5. How long have you been scrapbooking? like hard core?? about three years

6. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts? scrapmojo ~ of course :-D ,,music mostly, and challenge blogs especially those that im a design team member for :-D and i have some wicked talented friends that keep me going too!!! oh, and blogs, and flickr, andddd,,,

7. What is your "must-have" item on a layout (other than the necessities)? sanding block. end of subject. i sand everything ~ paper, photos, flowers you name it!!!


8. What would you say your scrapping style is? What is your favorite technique? other than sanding {since i just mentioned it} stitching. i love to embroder on my layouts and my scrap style is ever changing,,, i love clean and simple but often find it hard to leave it at that,,, i love layers of paper and stacking embelishments on top of each other. im a big fan of scrap goodies that arent really *scrap goodies*. randomness. flair, vinage treats,,, i love *treatments* such as glimmer mist, painting techniques, alcohol inks,,, all that fun stuff!!!

9. Can you describe your scrapping process? if im going off of a challenge i allow that to set the mood for which direction ill be heading. i feel like i can change my *feel* of the layout to accomidate the direction i want my layout to head,,, so i like to pick my paper and what i think i want to use in my layout or creation. i often set it down in a spot that i walk past frequentaly. i pass by it, stare and stew, stare and stew,,,, waiting for the idea to come to me. thinking of which picture i want to add and making sure it will all flow together. once i have my papers in mind and my photo i piece it all together and play with it. i often laugh at myself because i am known to *grab* whatever happens to be in my reach from my scrap area i love throwing that into the mix. kinda adds a little randomness to it and that always makes me happy.

10. Where can we see more of your work (online galleries, etc.) my blog ~ http://allyserrato.blogspot.com/flickr ~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/22960051@N02/52 sketchesw 52 weeks ~ http://52sketches52weeks.ning.com/profile/allyserrato

thank you so much for having me as a guest designer here ~ i adore scrapmojo and i am so honored to participate this month!! thanks ladies!!!{xoxo}



She is fabulous! Rock Star indeed! Come back tmw to see what she created!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS Ally...love your work! :):):):):):)

Aphra said...

Yeahhhh, Ally, go girl! Love your page. Super fun.

Euphoria said...

ALLY freakin' ROCKS!!!

YAY ALLY!!!!

Yeya! BBG, RCG #3!

Simona said...

Cool pages Ally, love your works :-)!

ally serrato said...

thank YOU!!! you ladies totally rock ~ and so does scrapmojo!!! what? what?? :-D