Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Guest Mojo Girl


1 .Name? Dina Wakley

2. What is your Day job? Mom and all-around super-woman. I have a degree in English & was a technical writer/editor B.K. (i.e. before kids).

3. Do you have a spouse children..pets? Reed is my fab husband, and I have 3 boys (Curt is 13, Cole is 11, and Carter is 9).

4. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on?Yep, it's http://dinastamps.typepad.com

5. How long have you been scrapbooking? Since 1995!!! My early pages are hysterical, but ya know what? My kids love 'em.

6. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts? Everywhere! I love colors, nature, fine art, cool design...the littlest leaf can inspire dozens of pages for me.

7. What is your "must-have" item on a layout (other than the necessities)? Sewing...I sew on everything.

8. What would you say your scrapping style is? Artsy & grungy at times, but not super-embellished. I am not good at using embellishments. I admire people who are good at using them!

9. Can you describe your scrapping process?I very often start inking or painting or combining PPs on a page without a picture in mind...I am forever hunting for pictures for pages I've already started. I am very right-brained and impulsive, so I just "do" without thinking. I'm a quick scrapper, too...pages rarely take me more than an hour and usually take me around 30 minutes. I love it when a page clicks and comes together fast.

10. Where can we see more of your work (online galleries, etc.) I teach art journaling classes at Get It Scrapped ( www.debbiehodge.com). You can also find my work at:Hambly blog: http://hamblyscreenprints.typepad.com/screen_prints_blog/Two Peas Gallery: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/userprofile.asp?user_id=57641SIS Gallery: http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/profile_1819.html

She truly is wonderful! Come back to see her take on our challenge!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Dina is bombtastic!

Maryangella said...

D.W. all I have to say is WOW!
I am actually once again taking her "Masterful" Art Journaling class. I can not wait to see her take on your challenge.

Amanda Ann said...

Eeekkk!! I <3 Dina!!!

Sigmagirl said...

Dina... so cool1 You are amazing girl!! I'm taking her new class to!!!

Anonymous said...

you have a wonderful site!